If you’re looking for somewhere to do serious PHP development, this is the place. We’re looking for brilliant PHP developers to join our team. If you want to share your knowledge while learning from others, work sustainably, and work on some serious projects, we think you’ll love working with us.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Design and build quality web applications using MVC based framework
- Write clean, object oriented and rational code according to set coding convention
- Design normalized and optimized database schema
- Work directly with clients to manage requirements
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in PHP
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP5 and web application development
- Experienced with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) in PHP
- Experienced with at least one MVC framework
Software Engineer (PHP), Full-stack (m/f)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin
At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you’ll be doing it as part of a dynamic and international team. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
We’re looking for skilled software engineers who care about efficiency and maintainable software. Our challenges include scaling to respond rapidly and servicing our millions of users while consistently providing them with complex data. We strive to create a fast yet reliable platform enabling our developers to continuously ship updates.
- Maintain systems for easy integration and reuse
- Work with our product engineers to deliver scalable solutions
- Develop, implement, optimize, and maintain the services powering our platform
- Take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- Experience developing using PHP and related tools such as Composer
- Expert knowledge of storage systems such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Expert knowledge in building and maintaining scalable web applications
- Knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Solid experience in testing applications using tools such as PHPUnit and Behat
- Previous experience working with Symfony Components and creating console applications is a plus
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You excel at engineering maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users – 12+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
Intersection Technologies Inc., founded in 2008, builds and operates eCommerce technology solutions for automobile dealerships, F&I product agencies, aftermarket F&I product providers and automotive finance companies in North America.
We offer a fun, casual work environment where your skills, experience and ideas will help drive our growth strategies. We offer medical and life insurance for employees, 3 weeks paid vacation in the first year of employment, and optional family medical coverage (BCBS of TX). Background check and drug test will be required.
Multiple positions for mid- and senior-level software engineering positions are available to work on a growing team that includes offshore team members. Immediate interviews and quick decisions for well-qualified candidates. Candidates applying may be asked to complete a pre-interview coding task based upon their experience to demonstrate competence. Please indicate if you would like to be considered solely for the senior level position.
- Self-directed work ethic with attention to detail and good communication skills
- Adaptable enough to handle interruptions and maintain quality of work product
- Able to provide accurate estimates and meet commitments
- Good listener with a willingness to learn
- Able to receive and offer constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Write coherent, well-structured code adhering to OOP principles and company standards
- Develop enhancements and refactor codebase to maintain and improve existing products
- Work with support to diagnose client specific issues and write unit and integration tests
- Share knowledge with other team members by providing feedback and mentoring
- Participate in the Agile process and suggest improvements to make the team more effective
- Document system design and functional / data workflows as needed
Skills & Experience
3+ years of the following:
- PHP / MySQL programming on a LAMP stack
- Experience using PHP frameworks (Zend, Symfony, Laravel…)
- Creation of and integration with SOAP and REST API’s
- Strong knowledge and experience with using XML
- Using an IDE for development such as Eclipse, NetBeans, PHPStorm etc.
- Experience in gathering business requirements and translating into implementation plans
- Experience in supporting SaaS applications
- Experience using JIRA, git development workflows and CI delivery process
- Experience using Vagrant, VM, Cloud hosting (AWS, Rackspace…)
- Experience with utilizing Monitoring tools such as NewRelic, Splunk, GrayLog to triage issues
- Experience with configuring and or using NoSQL and Document databases
A software developer is an integral part of our team. As a developer, you will be involved in all facets of the software building process as it relates to the company as a whole. We have a fast-paced development cycle, which allows us to patch and push new code through our processes quickly and efficiently. From CoS (Conditions of Satisfaction) review, to coding, to peer review, to GIT management, to production troubleshooting, you will get to experience it all.
You have a desire to create great software. You enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to achieve a common goal. You understand and appreciate that coding is an art form that requires continuous work and refinement. You enjoy the thrill of taking a problem, helping define it in terms that can be incorporated into our product, and then designing, coding, and seeing the solution released into production. Given minimal information, you can root out the cause of an issue and patch it in a maintainable fashion. You have a keen awareness of your strengths and weaknesses, embrace both and are not afraid to offer help or request help should the situation warrant it.
Competencies / Work Style:
Attention to detail
Flexible, can handle changes in direction and interruptions
Effectively manages deadlines and deliverables
Accurately estimates timelines for projects
Firm grasp of personal strengths and weaknesses
Excellent listener with an openness to other’s ideas
Willingness to learn
Willing to help other team members with their understanding of coding topics, standards and practices
Receives and offers constructive feedback in a positive manner
Code according to industry and team standards, adhering to OOP principles
Write coherent, well-structured design plans for CoS (Conditions of Satisfaction)
Work with support to diagnose client specific issues as they relate to our product and the user database
Share knowledge with other team members by providing feedback and offering guidance from your experience
Write clear, comprehensive test cases for QA
Attend and actively engage other team members during meetings to discuss backlog items, design issues, and best coding practices
Actively involved in the code and functional reviews of fellow developer’s work, being able to spot logic and functional issues and effectively communicate feedback
Work with QA through test cases and help troubleshoot issues
- Document processes, features and functions in our development Wiki.
5+ years working with C based language, PHP preferred
OOP standards knowledge
Knowledge/experience with a framework (Laravel, Symfony 1.x or 2.x, Zend, etc.)
2+ years experience with SQL, MySQL preferred
Knowledge and experience in database design
Knowledge and experience writing procedures and triggers
2+ years experience working with API’s (Paypal, Salesforce, Mailgun)
Experience working in an agile environment
Experience with code management software, GIT preferred (SVN, CVS, etc.)
3+ years HTML experience
Experience building html pages and emails
Experience working in software with prebuilt pages and ability to keep the coding and the look and feel consistent
3+ years CSS experience
Experience working with web pages or software that requires a common look and feel using standard, accepted CSS
2+ years JS experience
Experience with using various libraries (Prototype, jQuery, etc.)
Experience coding browser compatible JS without the use of a library
CLI (command line interface) experience
Comfortable using basic commands in a Linux environment
Accessing and using MySQL through a CLI
Title: PHP/Laravel developer – Full time
Position: Entry Level/Internship
– Design and code new features and enhancements.
– Update and maintain existing application in PHP/laravel
– Assist with all aspects of the product lifecycle, from specifications to development.
– Collaborate on the development and finding/fixing bugs.
– Maintain your own project timelines in a fast-paced environment
– Strong programming skills in PHP.
– Mysql Database
– Clear concept of OOP
– knowledge of Laravel framework.
– Common sense
– Positive attitude
– Eager to learn
Job Nature: Full Time
Experience: At least 1 years or more
Salary: 20,000 or more
– Lunch Facility
– Two festival bonuses
– Yearly increment
– Good Team Environment
– Laracast premium access
– Bright Future as a PHP/Laravel Developer
– Friday weekend