As you said you are a fresher so what can a company expect from a fresher? Answer is nothing much.
Any good company won’t give you work on live projects on your first day itself as that would be a dumb step. They would give you training on
1. how to work on projects
2. Will make you comfortable with company environment
3. Will teach you basic work ethics
4. A short time to mix up with employees
So now what does a company will be expecting from you?
1. Hunger to learn , learn and just learn.
2. Confidence at every step ( from walking to working)
4. Most important is a logical mind.
Now coming to technical part.
1. Basic concepts of OOP should be clear.
2. Good knowledge of algorithms.
3. Atleast one small project having connectivity with database.
4. Basic knowledge of Data structure.
5. And most important is even if you know a few concepts but you should know them in depth.
And if you want to impress them with your technical knowledge then
1. Participate in coding competitions
2. Display your work online.
3. Learn any framework.
4. Also if you have done any regular inplant training or part time developing job that would be a big big advantage for you and the company both because a fresher knows only 10% of what he needs to work in any company. And if company is founding more than that then company would not miss that opportunity.
So there are multiple ways to fetch a job.
Either make your technical part not just good but best at your level.
Or you can focus on things other than technical but this doesn’t mean that you can give least importance to technical. After all you have to do a technical job. But it is believed that even if a person is not so good in technical but if he is good in what he knows and has spirit to learn than he can perform far better than a stubborn experienced person. So don’t run behind only coding. You don’t have to become a dumb ass that only knows to code.